Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Cooking with Jameson!


This recipe is for my friend Phlegmfatale who recently underwent some medically necessary but very painful surgery that left her unable to enjoy much more than liquid and soft food.  Drop her a line, check out her cool x rays and say hello. 

Till then, I will leave she, and you, with the perfect  "liquid and soft food" holiday recipe, with directions I wrote down as everyone says if I don't do that when as I make it, I won't remember the steps and it won't turn out the same for others.  So with that in mind, I present:

Irish Whiskey Bundt Cake

Directions:

Check the Jameson's to make sure the quality is good. Pour a sample and sip delicately.

Take a large bowl from the cupboard. You will need that, two cups, and a set of measuring spoons. Check the Jameson again. Your shot glass is now in the dishwasher, so use that large glass.

In a bol sift flour, being careful not to knock over the glass of Jameson. You'd best move it, so take a sip and set it aside.

Turn on the electric mixer.n. . Beat cup of butter with the sugar in a large fluffy bowl.

Get the eggs out. Have another sip of that Jameson.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit there.. It's not in ther recipe, but what the heck. .

Mix on the turner, watching the the fried druit doesn't get stuck in the beaterers.

Oh #(&*. It DID get stuck. Oh look there's a knife, I can just pry it . . .

OW OW OW. Son of a *&^%#

Get bandage. Best splash some Jameson on the wound to sanertize it, and here let's have another sip. Pour a cup in the battery, stirring will, taking a taste to make sure the tonsisticity is still good

Next, measure two cups of baking . . .washing. . . . gun? Some kind of powder thing.

Another sip.

Now shift the liquids and strain your nuts. Add am xtra spoon of sugar if you lick it sweeter and one Table. . . . I can't read that, looks like. . .well. is that cinnaman, no, maybe CLOVES, or clothes?? OK, I set my clothes aside, now I'm cold, best have another sip to warm myself. It's medicinal you know.


Grease the oven. Turn the bundt pan 360 degrees.

Damn, now I'm dizzy. I think I forget to beat off the turner. Do that, and bake for 40 minuets.

This cookin thing is easy, need my own show on the TV ZZzzzzzzzzz

 cake photo and recipe http://www.gourmet.com/

12 comments:

irontomflint said...

That sounds suspiciously similar to the way I made Thanksgiving turkey and it was just wonderful!

diesel smoke said...

This reminds me of the galliping gommet. The old one.

DS

phlegmfatale said...

I LOVE it!!! Will try this recipe as soon as I'm off all my meds. I'll just be careful not to splash where the pups may lick up spirits. Thanks for thinking of me, lovely Brigid.

Island Bob said...

Very funny post. The first thing that popped into my head was the title of an early Joe Walsh album: "The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get".

Ed Bonderenka said...

I didn't get all that the first time.
Could you repeat it?

armedlaughing said...

You're killin' me!

Thanks,
gfa

Brighid said...

Your a bunch more fun than those other cooky people...

AussieAlaskan said...

Sounds good but the turkey irontomflint made sounds even better! :-)

MSgt B said...

I tried this excellent recipe last night.

It was delicious.

and the scorch marks were easier to clean off the cupboards than I expected.

I was sure there was something about a propane torch in there, just can't seem to find it now.
Maybe I wrote the recipe down wrong?

RonF said...

I grew up watching Julia Child tell us all "If it's not fit to drink, it's not fit to cook with!"

RonF said...

My son brought some Jameson's 18 year old blended to Christmas Eve. I thoroughly recommend the upgrade!

Jeneral Insanity said...

Everything is better than drinking... I was looking for gravy and found you. Is there really a reason to wonder why I love the interwebs anymore? I think not...

Cake. That is all.