Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Concealed Cupcake

It may not be legal in Illinois unless inside your own home. 

Cupcakes  with Vanilla Bourbon Frosting.

Your favorite dark chocolate cupcake recipe
3 sticks plus 2 Tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
3 cups plus 2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar sifted
3 Tablespoons whole milk
2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon quality bourbon (I use Knob Creek)
3/4  teaspoon Mexican or Madagascar Vanilla
1 vanilla bean scraped (you're using just the pulp)
a pinch of kosher salt

With a paddle attachment, whip just the butter on medium for 8-9 minutes.  NO less.  Add remaining ingredients and mix for six minutes until light and fluffy, adding in a pinch of salt in the last minute or two.

Serve on  your favorite cupcake (and this is SO going in my pumpkin rolls this year).

8 comments:

armedlaughing said...

You had me at dark chocolate!
(OKAY,-sigh- you had me at Knob Creek!)

gfa

greg said...

I SOOOOO need to get vanilla beans, and not just extract. I'm thinking more pumpkin also with fall supposedly coming.

Auntie J said...

Crazy thing...I actually have Madagascar vanilla in the pantry right now.

Wait. It might be bourbon vanilla.

Or both. I had to buy some recently. I know it was expensive.

I am just enough of a baking snob to insist on the real stuff, as opposed to the gen-yoo-wine imitation crap. And, with my mom's severe allergy to corn syrup, I'm always checking vanilla labels, because even the real stuff sometimes gets mixed with corn syrup instead of cane sugar. It usually costs me twice as much, but it's sooooooo worth it.

john bord said...

concealed, so amazing what one finds in the spandex

Lynne F said...

Yumm!!!!

Bob in Tampa said...

Looks great! Good thing there is no bacon in it!

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/19643714/bacon-shortage-its-coming-british-group-warns

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Oh my.

PPPP said...

Never mind Illinois. I'm not sure that is legal anywhere! Looks positively sinful. Decadent.

Scrumptious!


Now where did I put that mixing bowl?