Sunday, April 26, 2009

Is it live or is it Memorex?

Blog meet gone live. The usual gang was there, with several bringing new notebooks to live blog the fun!. We had most of the outdoor seating area, with a few more folks than expected arriving. It was great to see some others there from past meets, Og, Mad St. Jack, and some folks I did not get a chance to say hello to.

In the first photo, Frank James tells a tale, while Caleb and I watch from the south, Mark Alger, Tam and other friends gather round. In addition to the usual crowd, Caleb (Ahab) of Gun Nuts Media kept us up to date on the latest show. We were sorry Breda and Mike couldn't make it but it was great to catch up. I got to meet new blog meet arrivals Nathan Brindle, and Owen of Owen's Life. If you don't have a blog meet in your state for fellow shooty bloggers you might want to think about it. Good people, great conversations, and delicious food.
I had to scoot early due to some other plans that were made pre-blog meet, but it was worth the drive into the big city to see everyone for a little while.

15 comments:

Mad Saint Jack said...

Good to see you again.

og said...

Wonderful indeed, to see you again. The invitation for tasty snacks made me drool all the way home....


....ok, so I drool a lot anyway, but that was the reason this time, I'm sure.

Bruce B. said...

Looks like it was a good time. Wish I could have been there.

Roberta X said...

Always good to see you!

Mark Alger said...

It didn't go on that much longer after you left. I think I hit the road about 6. Og, Nathan, and Jack left at the same time,leaving Roberta and Joanna as the bitter enders.

M

Turk Turon said...

Sorry I missed it, but I'll be there next month!

John B said...

I just wish I could make it. June or July maybe. If I can meet you, taking the train will be worth it.

If not....

..I'll just give the train back.

Lorimor said...

Good to see this kind of thing going on.

Maybe we can get this sort of thing off the ground here in Huskerland someday.

Tam said...

It was good to see you again!

Say hi to Barkley for me. :)

Nathan Brindle said...

It was nice to meet you all. I wish I'd been able to come out to the BlogShoot, too. Hopefully next time.

There's only one problem with that picture, though -- there's no beer in front of me. :)

immagikman said...

Id' follow up on that idea of a Blogmeet for shooty types here in the P.R of Maryland but I thinkt here are only like 5 shooters in the whole state...(Ok Im kidding but things are pretty ragged here when it comes to weapons.) and with the State Government already tracking anyone who buys a weapon or ammo or reloading supplies, it would be just another chance for them to tag us all in one spt :P

WV: Ressesse being a bit too eager to get out of class.

Caleb said...

Totally awesome to see you - oh and I got your message, thanks!

Old NFO said...

Arghh.. I gotta get out there for one!

Joanna said...

Eeeeee, so much fun!

Warthog said...

wait, wait, wait....a June blogmeet with the possibility of Brigid, Tam AND Breda?

I see I need to dust off the ol GPS, Indy is only about 3 hours south.