Sunday, October 26, 2008

BLOG MEET

AS USUAL, IT WAS A BLAST, Roberta X HAS ALL THE DETAILS.

THE DAY STARTED WITH FUEL -

BLACK CHEVY TRUCK AND THE ROAD:

ALWAYS HARD TO LEAVE THE COMFORT OF A SMALL TOWN FOR THE BIG CITY:



BUT IT'S TIME TO MEET ALL THE KEWL KIDS IN TOWN:


BRIGID CAPTURES THE GROUP WITH HER CAMERA. IN ADDITION TO THE USUAL BLOGGER GANG, WE HAD ROBD AND MR. AND MRS. K, (on the left), READERS AND LOCAL SHOOTERS, LOKI and and MAD SAINT JACK CAME IN FROM OUT OF TOWN.
THE TURONISTAN AWARD FOR THE BLOGGER THAT TRAVELED THE FARTHEST. It's a large china mug with a pattern of three red stripes, the widest marked in silver with the traditional Turnonistani symbols of friendship and hospitality: six "bullet hole" symbols, three each side of a single stalk of wheat. Some others that traveled got little concealable squirt guns from Roberta.
WHEN GEEKS GET TOGETHER. WE HAVE TOOLS FOR EVERYTHING.

BRIGID GOES FOR A QUICK SHOT AT AHAB WITH THE SQUIRT GUN.




16 comments:

  1. AARRggg! Pancakes!

    Must..... have...... PANCAKES!

    Evil woman :-)

    You folks have fun at the meet, and share out hello's from me. Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL Love the small town police activity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigggghhhhh!

    Wish I could be there.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blast....

    All teh cool kids are in Indy getting beered up, and all get do is go to the range and shoot lots of guns.

    Man, it taint fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those running chicken pot pies--kill 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, ENVY ENVY ENVY!

    LOVE the pic of Breda getting a wet willie. The pups give me those in the morning if I'm not out of bed early enough. Sweet, and kind of awful!

    Oh, I've nominated you for the Superior Scribbler award. I hope you won't mind. You really are fabulous, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ya know, I was going to be a swanson chicken pot pie for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pleghmy - we wish you had been there.

    Thanks for the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... My parents have a dog named Barkley (and also it was good to meet you).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, just found you via the LawDog. You beautifully describe the call of the wild and general gusto towards life that I feel. It makes perusing your blog feel like sitting across the fire from an old friend after a hard day's hunt, lighting a pipe, cracking open a fine microbrew, and waxing philosophic. Bravo!

    Kingfisher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, I had to miss it, as I was finishing a 3 day Instructor course, someday....

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was good to finally meet you. See you at the next blogger meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a lot of fun. Wish anyone who couldn't make it will be able to come on by in a month or so. I'd surely love to meet everyone.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brigid;

    Delightful to see you again. Glad somebody got a better picture of Breda than I did. Did she give you any grief about it? I'm wondering because she photographs so well and seems to squirm over every shot. Must be a complex. ::grin::

    M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmm... pancakes! Might have to plan my January return road trip around this....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bob - we really do hope you'll swing through in January. Sorry I've missed you the last two years.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family that lives far away. Now that they are gone, it continues on to share those memories.

Comments are welcome,but if you have a fake name, no blog and only comment on the rare occasion to criticize or offer advertising for a business I've never heard of, you go straight to SPAM.