- 10 ounces macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp cheddar (2cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) packaged Velveeta, pasteurized processed cheese, cut up (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Let cheeses and butter stand at room temperature.
Cook macaroni according to package directions until almost al dente'.
Drain macaroni and transfer to a large bowl.
Add 1 cup shredded cheese and Velveeta cubes to hot pasta and stir gently til cheeses start to melt.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, butter, milk, soup, salt and pepper.
Stir this mixture into the cooked macaroni mixture.
Transfer half into a 13x9 sprayed baking dish.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Top with remaining macaroni mixture.
Bake covered at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Return to oven and bake 15 minutes more until cheese is melted and bubbly brown.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving to meld flavors.