Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Malted Milk Waffles


This recipe was adapted from several identical ones that are on several cooking blogs so I am not sure who originated it.

Malted Milk Waffles


1 large egg, at room temperature
1 cup flour
1 t. baking powder (look at the date on your baking powder, if it's expired you won't get the same results, it does go "flat" after a while, so check that).
1/8 t. salt
1 and 1/2 to 2 T. granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you like them).
4 T. malted milk powder
dash of pure vanilla
3/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons melted butter

Separate egg into two separate bowls. You will need three small bowls, including these two. In one, beat white until stiff peaks form. In another, combine dry ingredients. In the third, whisk together butter, milk, vanilla and egg yolk until well combined. Stir in dry ingredients. When batter is smooth, gently fold in egg white (do not over-mix)

Heat up your waffle iron and get ready. This doesn't make a whole lot (3-4) so if you have kids you will want to double it.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I was lookin' for a different recipe in your list and saw this one for the first time. My favorite vaction of all time was when my Wife and I went to Jackson, Wyoming in October one year. Jackson Hole and Yellowstone were almost deserted since it was between "seasons". We virtually had the place to ourselves.

    It was marvelous :)

    Every morning for breakfast I had Malted Waffles at a lodge restaurant across from the Elk Refuge info center. Delicious!

    I hadn't thought of that in years. Now I've gotta make these soon.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family that lives far away. Now that they are gone, it continues on to share those memories.

Comments are welcome,but if you have a fake name, no blog and only comment on the rare occasion to criticize or offer advertising for a business I've never heard of, you go straight to SPAM.